The Estevan Humane Society is a registered not for profit charity which provides shelter and care to homeless animals until we can find them forever homes.
POSTING AND COMMENTING POLICY:
Posts or comments that pertain to the following information/subject matter may be removed:
- Requesting information on animals not currently available for adoption: To protect the privacy of new owners or previous owners, the EHS will not release this information to the public.
- Lost, stolen or found animals: If an animal is lost, stolen or found, we encourage you post to the local lost pets Facebook pages. Because the EHS cannot verify reporting, rewards or information posted by third parties about lost, stolen or found animals, we will normally only post about found animals in our possession.
- Misinformation: If misinformation has been posted and the EHS has attempted to correct it, and this has been unsuccessful due to the reposting or continual repeated postings based on the misinformation – those posts may be deleted.
- Complaints: Specific complaints or rantings about the EHS, our programs, services and policies where the author demonstrates that he/she does not wish to resolve the matter off-line, will be deleted.
- Disrespecting other people: We want people to feel comfortable about posting their questions and answers on our Facebook page. Angry rants or abusive posts don't help achieve this and the moderators will delete them. Please don't post inflammatory messages designed to foster these kinds of arguments.
- Spam: Don't post the same message multiple times across the Facebook page. We understand with posting information on Facebook, it will not always remain at the top of the page. The information may seem relevant, urgent and important to the person who posted it, however duplicate posts to draw attention to an issue/topic that has already been posted about will be removed by the moderators.
- Personal Information: Complaints pertaining to owners of animals and their welfare that list specific information, addresses and/or names may also be deleted by the moderator.
- Publishing, posting, distributing or disseminating any defamatory, infringing, graphic, racist, malicious, misleading, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information.
- Comments or postings that abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as the rights of privacy and publicity) of others. This includes bullying and personal attacks.
- Reports of cruelty detailing the name of the alleged, their address, and/or any other personal details.
- Requests for support or promotion of individuals or organizations that support animal cruelty, illegal activity or violence (such as unauthorized “rescue” of a privately owned animal).
- To protect your privacy, please refrain from posting any personal information about yourself or others.
- Information or advertising for personal or business gain.
- Fraudulent, misleading or deceptive messages.
- Solicitation or advertisement of any initiative, program or service that is not linked to the EHS.
- Files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
Please note that any concerns about EHS policies or decisions should be directed to the EHS via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be deleted off this page if they are posted.
Our VISITOR's hours are:
Closed Monday &Tuesday
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 5:00p.m. to 7:00p.m.
Saturday & Sundays 11:00a.m. to 7:00p.m.
For assistance outside those hours, please call (306) 634-3444 or leave a Facebook message. Please note we cannot accommodate visitors outside the above posted hours.